Thurlow Nunn drives home quiz win
- Credit: SUPPLIED
A team from Vauxhall retailer Thurlow Nunn at Holt is delighted to be celebrating topping the league table in the 13th series of the Brains of North Norfolk quiz.
Following the team's success last season, where it came joint second in the popular local quiz hosted by North Norfolk Radio, Thurlow Nunn staff decided to try and beat their score and drive home a victory this season.
And their efforts certainly paid off, as the Thurlow Nunn team was announced as winners, pipping other teams to the post with a score of 29 points.
The radio station searches for the region's brainiacs through a daily quiz designed to test even the most knowledgeable of listeners. Every week, a new company takes on the challenge to complete five taxing rounds to come out with the highest score in a bid to become the Brains of North Norfolk.
Jody Causton, general manager at the Thurlow Nunn retailer, said: 'Everyone is so proud to have won the quiz this series.
You may also want to watch:
'We were disappointed to have been knocked off the number one spot last season in the last few weeks so decided to give it another shot.
'The team members were all so dedicated, with David Clarke, a member of our sales team, even coming in on his day off to contribute.'
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 9 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 10 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
Every day for a week, Thurlow Nunn had to answer five challenging questions and, on the last day, they were required to answer as many as they could in 60 seconds.
Jody added: 'All of the staff got involved and there is a real sense of achievement felt all around the dealership, especially as it didn't come easy, having to work hard to prove a stronger team than last season. Well done to everyone involved!'
To find out more about Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall visit the retailer in Cromer Road, Holt, telephone 01263 713254 for new and used vehicle sales or 01263 713206 for service, bodyshop and parts or go online at www.thurlownunn-vauxhall.co.uk