Thick fog causes travel problems, several Norwich flights affected
Drivers have been warned to take care this morning with fog causing travel issues across the region and affecting several flights out of Norwich International Airport.
Three departures have been cancelled so far this morning; the 6,40 to Aberdeen, the 7am to Edinburgh and the 9.45am to Amsterdam. Incoming flights from Amsterdam (9.10) and Manchester (10:05) have also been cancelled, while the 8.20 from Aberdeen was required to return.
The airport's website temporarily went down this morning, but is now back online.
British Airways said the fog was also affecting flights at Heathrow, Gatwick and London City airports and advised passengers to check online for updates.
There are also severe delays on the A14 and A11 following a crash involving two lorries on the A14, with traffic queueing three miles westbound, between junctions 36 (Nine Mile Hill) and 32 (Histon Interchange).
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office issued a warning yesterday afternoon that fog was expected to return to Norfolk and Suffolk from 9pm last night until midday today.
Their forecaster said: 'Areas of fog are expected to form during Sunday night becoming widespread and dense in places by Monday morning. Travel may be impacted by poor visibility, with some minor disruption expected.
- 1 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 4 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 7 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 8 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 9 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
- 10 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
'A slack, moist airmass lying across much of England will allow fog to readily form again on Sunday night, reducing visibility to less than 100m at times. Fog will slowly lift and clear from many places through Monday.'