Suzuki’s SX4 S-Cross crossover big hit at NMG launch
- Credit: andy russell
Suzuki boosted the blossoming crossover market with the official unveiling of its new SX4 S-Cross at NMG in Norwich.
About 100 invited guests attended the special reveal at the Mile Cross Lane showroom ahead of the smart crossover officially going on sale on October 1.
NMG Suzuki sales manager Greg Scriven said the new SX4 S-Cross was a halo model for the brand in the crossover sector of the car market with the spacious crossover appealing to a wide age range of customers.
'It has all the room you need for the kids, the dog and luggage,' he said.
He added that there had been a lot of interest from customers with 10 test-drives booked on the preview evening.
You may also want to watch:
Suzuki has high hopes for the SX4 S-Cross with a target of 1,000 orders ahead of the on-sale date. Anyone ordering one before the end of this month will receive three years' free servicing.
Priced from £14,999, the new model is the latest example of Suzuki's expertise in the fields of crossovers and four-wheel drive cars.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
The SX4 S-Cross is powered by 120PS 1.6-litre petrol and turbo diesel engines, both available with the choice of two and ALLGRIP four-wheel drive.
Petrol models get a five-speed manual gearbox as standard with range-topping SZ5 version offered with the option of continously-variable automatic transmission. Diesel models get a six-speed manual gearbox.
Petrol models have official combined fuel economy figures of up to 51.3mpg with CO2 emissions as low as 125g/km while the figures for the diesel engine are up to 67.2mpg and 110g/km.
The four-wheel drive system has auto, sport, snow and lock modes to suit road and driving conditions.
Prices for the SX4 S-Cross range from £14,999 to £23,549.