Support grows for charity ride in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust
- Credit: supplied
Staff at Desira's Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Jeep dealership in Norwich are getting on their bikes on Sunday for a charity ride in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust.
The ride – about 50 miles from Norwich to Holt and back – has been organised by after sales manager Perry Payne after work colleague Steve Long lost his 17-year-old son, Matthew, to cancer in November. The ride has already raised more than £1,500 for the Teenage Cancer Trust which provided exceptional support and help for the family.
The 10 Desira staff taking part have been joined by around 25 other riders, many of whom have found out about the ride through social media, while local businesses are also supporting the event.
My Payne said other riders, of all abilities as it is not a race, were also welcome to join them on Sunday for a minimum £10 donation or fund-raising.
The riders will meet at Desira in Heigham Street, Norwich, at 9.15am on Sunday for a 9.30am start. At Holt, they will be stopping for a tea, coffee and cake break at Byfords before heading back to Norwich. The round-trip is expected to take 4.5 to five hours.
You may also want to watch:
My Payne said the ride was originally planned for Mr Long's colleagues at Desira but other riders wanted to support the cause having seen it publicised via social media. Originally he had hoped the charity event would raise £1,000 but is now looking to double that sum for the Teenage Cancer Trust
Riders and supporters can make a donation via the justgiving page at www.justgiving.com/remember/242823/Matthew-Long or there will be a cash collection on the day.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
More details are available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/events/441765492683330/ or telephone Mr Payne on 07796 947347.
For more information about the Teenage Cancer Trust log on to www.teenagecancertrust.org