Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Four weekends of road closures are to set begin in Diss on Sunday.
Resurfacing work, which will cost approximately £100,000, will be carried out on the Sawmills Road and Sandy Lane roundabout.
The work begins on Sunday, October 10, and is expected to continue over four consecutive Sundays between 7am and 7pm.
It is hoped this will keep disruption to a minimum.
The road will be closed to traffic although access will be maintained for emergency vehicles and Simonds Coach & Travel.
Diversions will be in place.
The work will involve stripping the existing surface of the carriageway before it is resurfaced and road markings are reinstated.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
It will be completed by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and its contractors.