Sunday bus service launched in Eaton
A new bus service has launched in Norwich on Sundays, linking Eaton and the city centre.
The route, which runs four times each Sunday through Eaton, will follow the route of the 121 which runs Monday to Saturdays, but was cancelled on Sundays by provider Anglian Bus.
The replacement route comes against a backdrop of cuts to bus services, but Martyn Simonds, managing director of Simonds Travel, who will run the service, said the firm were keen to see what the response would be.
Mr Simonds said: 'You don't get anything in this world unless you try. We'll have to see if it pans out okay. The more people who support it, the more chance it has of survival.'
Mr Simonds said the Diss-based firm would not get a subsidy for running the replacement service, meaning it would have to survive on passenger fares. The vehicle operating the route will be the same bus doing the 118 service, from Norwich, through Long Stratton, to Diss, which is subsidised by Norfolk County Council. It will run the Eaton circular on breaks between the 118 route.
You may also want to watch:
The Eaton circular will run from Norwich bus station, down Newmarket Road, turning left at Greenways and onto Linford Drive, before coming back round the A11.
The route will run at 10am, 11.30am, 2.30pm and 4.15pm every Sunday.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
Do you have a story for the Evening News? Contact reporter Tom Bristow on 01603772313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org