Rail services affected after person hit by train
- Credit: Archant
Services on the London mainline have been cancelled as a person died after being hit by a train this morning.
The 8am Norwich to London Liverpool Street was cancelled after a person was hit by a train in Romford.
The 10am London Liverpool Street to Norwich has also been cancelled as a result of the incident.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said: "We were called to the line near Chadwell Heath just before 7.20am this morning, following reports of a casualty on the tracks.
"Paramedics also attended, and sadly a person was pronounced dead at the scene.
"The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner."
In a tweet Greater Anglia said: "All lines are blocked between Ilford and Romford owing to a person being hit by a train.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
"Train services are subject to severe delays, short notice alterations/cancellations."
Information on delays and refunds can be found online.