Sprowston and Norwich cricket clubs bowled over by NMG Kia sponsorship
- Credit: NMG
Sprowston and Norwich cricket clubs are sporting smart new shirts as part of a sponsorship deal by Kia and Norwich dealership NMG to support the sport at grass roots level.
NMG Kia has pitched in with its latest sponsorship ventures with Sprowston Cricket Club (SCC) and Norwich Cricket Club (NCC).
SCC, in Barkers Lane, Sprowston, has two senior teams which play in the Norfolk Alliance and two in the Norfolk League. The thriving junior section has teams representing the club in age groups from under 11 to under 17.
NCC, based in Ferry's Lane, Postwick, has three senior teams which play in the East Anglia Premier League and Norfolk Alliance divisions. Currently it has more than 60 adult players and members and more than 100 junior cricketers, so the club is thriving.
NMG has sponsored the SCC since 2013 and, in the previous seasons, has supported it bringing over young international stars from Australia for the season to coach at the cricket club, local schools and play for Sprowston. This season NMG has already been the season's match ball sponsor, ground sponsors and, with the new Kia UK initiative Gift of Kit, Kia and NMG are delighted to continue supporting grass roots cricket.
You may also want to watch:
The latest venture is NMG suppling Kia-branded club strip shirts featuring the club, Kia and NMG logos, which were modelled in NMG Kia's Mile Cross Lane showroom by club captain and over 40s captain Graham Hampson.
Club vice-chairman and sponsorship co-ordinator Sudhir 'Sudy' Trivedi was delighted to attend and collect a cricket bat signed by England legend Alec Stewart, a former captain, which the club will auction.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 6 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 10 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
NMG Kia has sponsored NCC by providing three senior team strips bearing the club, Kia and NMG logos, as well as being the season's match ball sponsor. It will also display Kia cars at selected matches – the first, hosted by Andy Key of NMG, will against Premier rivals Sudbury next Saturday at 11am and everyone is welcome at the Postwick ground.
Chris Borrett, Norwich Cricket Club director of cricket, was presented with the NMG and Kia kit and a bat signed by Alec Stewart to auction by Mr Long.
The NCC initiative came about as a number of NCC players, members and supporters drive Kia cars.
NMG Kia can be contacted by calling 01603 775100 or log on to www.nmguk.com