Some prices cut as Renault Mégane range gets a facelift
- Credit: Renault
Renault has confirmed pricing and specification for the facelifted Mégane range.
Primed to tackle the ever-competitive C-segment head on, a series of engine and equipment alterations have been announced along with price cuts of up to £1,200 on some versions.
For 2014, the Mégane Coupé, Hatch and Sport Tourer all adopt the new brand identity. The more contemporary design includes a prominent, bold Renault logo set against a gloss black background, new bumper, sculpted bonnet and vent grilles, new elliptical headlights and daytime running lights that stretch along the outer edges of the bumper.
From next month, the facelifted range sports four trim levels – excluding Renaultsport – Expression+ (except Coupé), Knight Edition, Dynamique TomTom and GT-Line TomTom.
Mégane Hatch is priced from £16,745 to £21,745, Coupe £17,645 to £29,925 and Sport Tourer £17,745 to £22,745.
You may also want to watch:
Compared to the outgoing range, £1,200 has been taken off the Energy dCi 110 and dCi 130 engines on every trim level, £850 has also been cut from the 1.5 dCi 110 Auto EDC (Efficient Dual Clutch) and £275 from the popular 1.2 TCe 115 engine.
As part of the changes, the range-topping Renaultsport 265 becomes a single trim level, with the option of adding the hugely desirable Cup Chassis Pack for £1,350.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
As well as the new look, equipment levels have also been heightened. Automatic dual-zone climate control is now standard on Dynamique TomTom, LED daytime running lights appear on Expression+ and R-Link is now optional on GT-Line TomTom.
The revised powertrain line-up sees five engines in total, newly branded Energy in line with next season's Renault F1-2014 engine. The 1.2 TCe 115 is added to Expression+ and EDC versions of the 1.2 TCe 130 and 1.5 dCi 110 are added to the GT Line TomTom. The other engines are the 1.6 VVT 110 petrol and 1.6 dCi 130.