Simpsons builds on service by expanding into selling caravans
- Credit: Supplied
Simpsons Motor Caravan Centre has expanded into the caravan market.
The business, in Suffolk Road, Great Yarmouth, has built its name across the country for selling new and quality used motorhomes so the move into caravans was a logical extension of the business.
Sales director Belinda Crick, whose late father, Simon Woodgreaves, started the business in 1961, said: 'We are known for motor caravans but we now want to be known for our caravans as well.'
One of the largest motorhome suppliers in East Anglia, its customer base is nationwide, attracted by competitive pricing, quality products and family service.
Mrs Crick explained that Simpsons had found it hard to find traders to take any used caravans, taken in as a part-exchange, in winter months so the company decided to diversify into selling them from its own site.
You may also want to watch:
The business set an initial annual sales target of 20 used caravans – achievable given its sales of up to 220 new and used motorhomes in a year. And there is no reason why its new caravans initiative should not grow – just as this successful family business has done for more than half a century.
'People don't know we now do caravans,' she said. 'But since we came into the summer, and the good weather, we have seen an increase in sales.'
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
The wide range of customers includes some new to caravanning, those upgrading their current van and one who had a motorhome.
'I think there are more families caravanning. With tow caravans you find it is more about families. They are cheaper than motorhomes – you can get a good used caravan for £7,000.
'You find that parents can have the caravan and the children sleep in an awning on the side or a tent.'
Later in life, or in retirement, people tend to choose a motorhome and spend more time rather than driving a caravan to a site and setting up camp. And some families holidayed with grandparents who stayed in a motorhome while their children and grandchildren had a caravan.
Simpsons is also looking to buy first-class, well-maintained, pre-owned caravans for cash.
Telephone Simpsons Motor Caravan Centre, in Suffolk Road, Great Yarmouth, on 0843 3201498 (local rate) or visit the website at www.simpsonsmotorcaravans.com