Simpsons’ 50-year sizzler
The burgers and bangers sizzled on the barbecue as hundreds of Simpsons Motor Group's customers, past and present, enjoyed the hospitality and 50th birthday celebrations at its Motor Caravan Centre and Skoda dealerships in Suffolk Road, Yarmouth, on Saturday.
Enthusiasts swarmed over the forecourt and showroom displays of new and pre-owned motorhomes and Skoda cars to take advantage of some exceptional one-day discount deals Simpsons had laid on for all its invited customers.
Managing director Andrew Aldis said: 'I'm delighted at the huge attendance we enjoyed on this very special day in our trading history.Our founder, Simon Wood-Greaves, began selling VW cars,camper vans, and Caravelles in 1961 from Carlton Road in Lowestoft with his business partner, Gilbert 'Trader' Horne and they subsequently opened a new Pakefield VW showroom in 1974.
'Simon's foresight, drive and enthusiasm for the East Anglian motor industry saw the organisation expand into the group we operate today. He positively enthused about the fun of owning a motorhome and that enthusiasm still remains with us all in Simpsons to this very day.
'Simon would have been proud to have seen such a huge response to our 50th anniversary celebrations had he still been with us, but we sadly lost a great local entrepreneur to cancer only four years ago.'
You may also want to watch:
A fun day was enjoyed by the crowds as they were entertained by live links to Beach FM radio, a roving magician, live singing by Leon, children;s rides and the chance to meet a number of sporting legends from Norwich City Football Club and Martin Donnelly, the ex-Formula 1 Lotus racing driver with his famous car.
For more pictures of the event visit www.simpsonsmotorgroup.com
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears