Rod retires from motor trade
Skoda sales executive Rod Hammond has ended his long career in the motor trade. Rod, 66, retired after 11 years with Robinsons Motor Group's Skoda dealership in Barker Street, Norwich.
It also brings to an end his 14-year association with the Czech brand of Skoda with Rod having previously worked at Constitution Motors Skoda and Cranes Skoda.
Rod, of Long Stratton, had been in the motor trade since school in various roles including transport and sales of finance, Volvo Trucks and Skoda cars.
In retirement he will have more time for his hobby of 50 years of following speedway – he sponsors Kings Lynn's Stars speedway captain Olly Allen – and holidays and among the many he has planned is a trip to Canada.
Rod said the biggest change he had seen in his job was the rise of Skoda since the brand became part of the Volkswagen Group.
You may also want to watch:
Taking over from Rod at Robinsons is Alex Skipper who joins from Dingles Toyota at Attleborough.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 5 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone