Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- Credit: Mick Howes
With roads across Lowestoft set to be impacted by works this week, here are some disruptions you should be aware of.
Work remains ongoing on the £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing which has meant roadworks on several different roads in the town.
Durban Road and Waveney Drive on one side of Lake Lothing have been affected, while there also delays expected on Denmark Road and Peto Way on the other.
Temporary traffic signals are in place.
Once completed in 2023, it is hoped that Lowestoft's third crossing will reduce traffic congestion in the town, regenerate the area and attract new investment to the local economy.
The works on Elm Tree Road will be finished by Tuesday, January 11, while a lane closure on St Peters Street remains until Wednesday, January 12.
Delays are said to be likely.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 10 Inquest into death of much-loved healthcare assistant