Roadworks cause long delays in Norwich city centre
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been caught in long delays in Norwich city centre due to the latest roadworks.
Four-way traffic lights are currently in place on St Andrews at the junction with Exchange Street as UK Power Networks carry out emergency works.
There were long queues on Barn Road, Barrack Street and Westwick Street this morning and a number of people expressed their frustration at the delays on social media.
John Killett tweeted: 'Traffic now blocking Barn Road and city gridlocked back to Barrack street #chaos.'
And Jo Clarke said: 'I parked in Barn Road carpark, eventually, and in the time it took me to walk to Duke Street, the queue had barely moved.'
You may also want to watch:
Work is expected to continue until the end of the week
A spokesperson for UK Power Networks added: 'We apologise for any inconvenience caused while this vital work takes place.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts