Roundabout work for Persimmon estate delayed by children's return to school
- Credit: Daniel Moxon
Adverse weather conditions and the return of school pupils to classrooms have delayed work to complete the construction of a new roundabout, a developer has said.
The junction is being put in place on the B1172 between Wymondham and Hethersett, just outside Norwich, to create access for a Persimmon development.
There is currently a traffic light system in place as work is carried out.
Final touches to the roundabout were due to be completed this month, but the road will now be closed for the work from April 7, during the Easter school holiday.
A spokesman for the firm said: "The road closure is required to enable the final resurfacing of the new junction to be completed.
You may also want to watch:
"Work was initially delayed due to extremely wet weather and snow earlier in the year, and then postponed to prevent disruption when the schools reopened to all students."
They added the road closure is "expected to last four days".
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 4 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 5 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 8 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 9 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 10 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended