Road closures planned on A47 and A11 this week
- Credit: IAN BURT
Resurfacing, bridge repair work and vegetation clearance will see roads closed across the region over the coming week.
Highways England has released a summary of work which will take place from today until Sunday April 22.
Work will continue at Thickthorn roundabout as Highways England carries out extensive surveys of the road network. Work on the road will generally occur overnight, with working hours from 8pm to 6am and clearly signed diversions will be in place for motorists when road closures are necessary.
On the A47 at King's Lynn work to repair and replace joints on the Saddlebow Bridge continues. The bridge is closed to vehicles during this time and a clearly signed diversion route is in place.
A closure of the A47 underneath the interchange will be in place until April 30 between 8pm and 6am on each day.
You may also want to watch:
There will be lane closures using temporary traffic lights between 8pm and 6am on weekdays as well as some full road closures on the A47 between Swaffham and Dereham as vegetation clearance continues. A clearly signed diversion will be in place.
And work continues until Friday on the A47 Pullover and Hardwick roundabouts to renew road surfacing, pavements, signage, markings, remove vegetation and install high friction surfacing.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
There will be an eastbound closure of the A47 from 8pm to 6am on weekdays between Pullover roundabout and Hardwick roundabout.
• Keep up to date will all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.