Road to close for accessibility improvement works
- Credit: Google
A road in Topcroft is set to be closed due to accessibility improvement works.
Set to begin on August 30, the works on a bus shelter on Mill Road, Topcroft is expected to take one week to complete.
The nature of the improvements means it will be necessary to close the road near to the shelter.
The current paving slabs at the shelter are being removed and replaced with a new asphalt surface and tactile paving slabs near the road.
Part of the road is also being re-laid to improve the surface between the bus stop and the road.
However, an official diversion route will be in place for the duration of the works and properties will still be accessible.
Vehicles and pedestrians will still be able to access the junction at Rectory Road and Church Road.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
The work will cost £6,250 and is being carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors.