Reader letter: If you think the Postwick Hub is bad, try the other end
- Credit: Mike Page
Many of your correspondents have referred to the shambles that is the Postwick Hub, but what about the shambles at the other end? Everyone from the north of the city who wishes to use the A47, the A11 or the A140 has a problem.
They have to turn left towards Norwich and drive through the 20mph limit and speed bumps outside one of Norwich's biggest schools, then face the narrow race track that is Ringland Hills to access the roundabout at the end of the Southern Bypass.
Alternatively, they have to drive out as far as Great Witchingham to filter through narrow lanes to the A47.
Why were the people not listened to who said it should be joined to the Southern Bypass at Easton and those who said the Postwick Hub was unnecessarily complicated? The road planners in Norfolk do not seem to have learnt anything as they now propose a bypass for Long Stratton which brings the traffic back on to the existing A140 about 100 yards from the notoriously dangerous Hempnall crossroads.
Surely the bypass should incorporate a roundabout there. Perhaps they should try driving on some of these roads rather than relying on computer simulations.
You may also want to watch:
• Chris Pill, Henstead Road, Hethersett
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
• Send your letters to email@example.com or leave your comments below