Lines blocked as train breaks down at Norwich station
- Credit: Archant
Disruption at Norwich railway station which saw a number of lines blocked has come to an end.
Greater Anglia said on Wednesday afternoon that an empty train near the Norwich depot had developed a fault, blocking some routes into the station.
Services running to and from Norwich were expected to be cancelled, delayed or revised.
The rail operator added that the faulty train would "need to be rescued".
Among the services cancelled was the 2.57pm from Lowestoft to Norwich, due to arrive in the city at 3.33pm.
Meanwhile, the 3.46pm Sheringham to Norwich service started at Cromer instead, while the 3.48pm Lowestoft to Norwich service was running a few minutes late.
However, Greater Anglia informed passengers at around 3.30pm that disruption had ended.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival