Peugeot accelerates efforts to attract younger car owners
- Credit: Archant
Car maker Peugeot has accelerated its efforts to help younger drivers own a new car of their own following a change to its popuplar Just Add Fuel package.
Peugeot has extended the package to drivers aged 18 and the deal means that drivers get a Peugeot 108 with the addition of a telematics box.
The scheme also includes three years insurance, warranty, servicing, car tax and roadside assistance.
Paul Bussey from Busseys which operates the Peugeot dealership in Hall Road in Norwich, and recently announced plans for a new dealership in Dereham, said: 'Extending the package to younger drivers helps make the way to a new car even easier. The 18 year olds can either be the policy holder or a named driver on a parent's insurance policy, depending on who is the main driver of the car. Another benefit of Just Add Fuel is the opportunity for customers without No Claims Discount to take advantage of Just Add Fuel, on all 108 models.'
The move comes as younger drivers could see the cost of their insurance fall in the coming months, helped by growing numbers of 'black box' telematics policies, according to a comparison website Comparethemarket.com.
Telematics, or 'black box', insurance policies work by tracking a vehicle's movements, helping insurers to reward good drivers with cheaper premiums.
You may also want to watch:
Comparethemarket.com found that more than three-quarters (77%) of under-25s are seeing at least one telematics premium crop up in their cheapest five quotes - up from 62% in 2014.
It said signs that telematics policies are becoming increasingly commonplace and competitively priced are helping to drive up competition between insurers for customers in the under-25 age group.
- 1 Plans to turn village's last pub into house rejected
- 2 New facilities open up Norwich river for paddle boards and canoes
- 3 Magpies chair praises "Norfolk community spirit" amid continuing hardship
- 4 Five things you need to lead the way in 2020
- 5 How Norfolk coupon queen's new bargain bible could help you save
- 6 ‘It was my life’ - Lollipop lady retires after 45 years serving village school
- 7 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 8 Brexit Blog: Brexit means changes to the rules on VAT – and that means more admin and confusion
- 9 Heavy traffic on main road following breakdown
- 10 Coast path's 33-mile revamp would open up new walking route