One arrest after man “bottled” during “alcohol-fuelled fight” at the University of East Anglia
- Credit: ARCHANT } NORFOLK 2003.
A 20-year-old man was taken to hospital after suffering neck injuries after being 'bottled' a late night 'alcohol-fuelled fight' at residential premises at the University of East Anglia.
Police were called at 1am today, Saturday, and said it is believed that the man was attacked with a bottle, and suffered injuries that were not believed to be serious.
In a series of tweets sent from its control room during the night, the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'Call to the university, reports of someone being 'bottled' during a fight.
'Police are on scene at the university as our paramedic heads onto the campus.
'The main concern for this patient is his ECG results taken during examination so we are transporting on blue lights.
You may also want to watch:
'The university patient has a head injury, bleeding is under control but he is being taken to Hospital for further treatment.'
Police said the people involved in the fight are believed to know each other.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 9 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 10 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
One man was arrested.