Norwich ring road closure warning
Drivers have been reminded that a number of Norwich streets will be closed to traffic from tomorrow (Monday) for resurfacing work on the ring road.
Work to resurface Colman Road and Mile End Road is to start between the junction of Highland Road in Colman Road and the junction with Waldeck Road in Mile End Road.
Colman Road and Mile End Road will remain open, but the side roads of Highland Road, Muriel Road, Mornington Road and Waldeck Road will be temporarily closed to traffic at their junctions with the ring road.
Traffic will be able to enter and leave Waldeck Road via Leopold Road during this time.
Unthank Road will also have to be temporarily closed north and south of its junction with Colman Road, and it is expected this will be on Friday for one day only, between 7am and 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
The city council apologised for any inconvenience the maintenance work, which will cost about �165,000, will cause.
City Hall bosses said the closures and traffic controls are likely to cause delays and said drivers should consider alternative routes if possible.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 8 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England