Norwich Railway Station evacuated
- Credit: TERRY SAUL
Norwich Railway Station was evacuated for a short time today because of a fire alarm.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia confirmed an alarm was set off in the transport hub at 1.20pm.
She confirmed the entire building was evacuated because of the alert.
People gathered outside during that time but were let back into the building at 1.30pm.
British Transport Police were not called to the incident and no-one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
The 1.30pm train to London Liverpool Street was delayed by three minutes, because of the incident, but the Greater Anglia spokesman said the service would arrive in the capital on time.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone