Norfolk train death update: Dead man was from Norwich

Police have said they believe the person who died after they were hit by a train last night was a man from Norwich.

British Transport Police were called to the railway line near Cantley railway station just after 9.30pm on Thursday to a report that a person had been hit by a train.

A British Transport Police spokesman said: 'BTP and Norfolk Constabulary officers attended the incident, which was reported to police at 9.36pm and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.

'Paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service also attended but the man, believed to be 43-years-old and from Norwich, was pronounced dead at the scene.

'A file will be prepared for the coroner.'


You may also want to watch:


The train involved was the 8.50pm National Express services travelling from Lowestoft to Norwich and the tragedy saw train services on the line suspended.

The line was closed until 12.15am, with train passengers transferred to buses between Cantley, Reedham and Lowestoft.

Most Read

British Transport Police are appealing for witnesses to contact them on 0800 405040.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter