Norfolk morning traffic: A11 roadworks overrun and A47 busy already
- Credit: Ian Burt
Roadworks on the A11 overran this morning, meaning the road did not reopen when it was supposed to.
The road remained closed between Snetterton and the Stag Roundabout at Attleborough this morning, despite overnight works being scheduled to finish by 6am.
Instead, it was still closed to traffic up to around 7am, though it has now reopened.
But traffic is still building as people hit the road heading into Norwich.
The worst of the traffic at 7.45am is on the A47 Norwich Southern Bypass, due to roadworks between Thickthorn and Trowse.
You may also want to watch:
The build-up of cars is already adding 10-15 minutes onto journeys, and that delay is likely to get bigger as the morning goes on and more people head into the city.
Elsewhere, the usual traffic heading into Great Yarmouth on the A47 is beginning to build, in the area where firefighters spent much of last night putting out a blaze at a derelict building off the Acle Straight.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
• Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.
- 1 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000