Norfolk man, 81, dies in A11 crash
A man from Norfolk died in a crash on the A11 this week, police have revealed.
Police, fire and ambulance were called to the crash, involving two vehicles, just after 2pm on Wednesday.
The crash involved a black Mercedes estate car and a white DAF truck.
Firefighters released the driver of the car and he was treated by paramedics, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Suffolk police today confirmed that the man who died was Kenneth Hobbins, 81, from Bracken Close in Stratton Strawless.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the lorry was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds where he received treatment for minor injuries.
The A11 was closed in both directions between the Five Ways roundabout at Barton Mills and the B1112 while police carried out an accident investigation and recovery of the vehicles took place.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 5 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 6 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
Police today appealed for witnesses to the fatal crash to get in touch.
They would like to hear from anyone who was travelling along the A11 and saw the black Mercedes estate car prior to or when the crash happened.
Calls should be made to PC Jeff Cribb at the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101.