NMG staff continue to find that winning touch
- Credit: supplied
NMG staff are celebrating winning more personal awards and national honours.
Jordan Beales won a silver award at the Suzuki apprentice of the year awards.
After completing a number of tests and technical examinations in front of invigilators and the trainers at Suzuki GB, he took one of the joint runner-up prizes.
He is due to finish his apprenticeship in summer and become a full technician, before moving on to his study as a Suzuki master technician.
And Adam Richardson, right, who is workshop quality controller, received his Suzuki master Technician award from Suzuki GB. Adam is also well on track to achieve his Kia master technician status later this year.
You may also want to watch:
Wayne Bilverstone has received his official recognition as a Kia master technician.
He received his award from David Ovenden, Kia's new national sales director, who was visiting NMG Kia in Norwich for the first time.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 7 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 8 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 9 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
Des Cook, right, is the first Kia gold service advisor in the Kia Academy for the region – another milestone for NMG.
He is now working towards the platinum standard and is hoping to become the first to qualify in the region.
At the same time NMG heard that Jim Baldwin, right, is the first Kia silver sales executive in the Kia Academy for the region. He is now working towards his gold award before moving on to platinum.
Completing the clutch of awards, Chris Conway, NMG's Kia sales manager, received a plaque on behalf of the team for NMG joining the Kia 100+ Club.
NMG Kia, in Mile Cross Lane, Norwich, took first place in the region and fourth nationally for its volume of new Kia sales in a given month with more than 100 units in March and the highest volume in the quarter.
Grant Long, managing director of NMG, said: 'I am extremely delighted with these awards, not only for the individuals concerned but for the company.
'I also recognise the contribution of everyone across the company for their hard work and efforts this year so far. 'We took several national top honours last year with our apprentices and staff and we just continue to build on these core values.'