NMG boosts service for cars and customers
- Credit: Andy Russell
NMG has revamped and expanded its aftersales team to give even better customer servicd.
NMG has revamped and expanded its aftersales team to give even better customer service.
Matt Burley, NMG group aftersales manager, said the 12-month project had completely transformed the department which, based in Mile Cross Lane, Norwich, looks after the Kia, Suzuki and Great Wall brands as well as maintaining non-franchise vehicles.
The improvements include:
Refurbishing the parts department to make it more customer-friendly and increase stock of parts and accessories.
You may also want to watch:
Two more ramps in the workshop to expand it to 12 to grow the business and service to customers.
Taking on new staff – two more technicians, an apprentice and more valeters and drivers – to grow the aftersales team to a total of 30 people including five in parts, 13 technicians, workshop and quality controllers, valeters and drivers and service reception.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 8 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
Promoting a culture of teamwork and customer care.
Free courtesy cars instead of charging £18 a day.
'It is all about giving the customer the best experience we can while they are here,' he explained.
'The basic ethos is the same – I just want people to be treated how they expect to be treated.
'Keeping contact with customers and keeping them happy is so important,' said Matt, who has been with NMG for nine years and moved into aftersales in January last year having started there as a service advisor for 18 months before moving into sales and becoming sales manager at the 4x4 Centre.
'We are getting some great feedback now about our service team. I want the customers to feel that we value them – it doesn't cost anything to engage with people'.