New summer train timetable launched by Abellio Greater Anglia with additional Sunday services to and from Norwich
- Credit: Archant © 2012
A new summer timetable for the region's trains has been announced.
Trains run on regional rail operator Abellio Greater Anglia's summer timetable from Sunday.
The timetable features additional Sunday services between Ipswich and Peterborough, Ipswich and Felixstowe and Norwich and Sheringham.
Additional Saturday services will run between Great Yarmouth and Norwich, including the usual direct Great Yarmouth to London Liverpool Street service until September 27.
Additional Sunday services between Norwich and Sheringham will provide an hourly frequency of service from the first departure of the day, as well as six extra services operating in each direction, will be extended beyond the summer season.
You may also want to watch:
There are some minor alterations to services between London Liverpool Street and Braintree, Clacton and Ipswich, and also slight timing alterations to some rural services.
Extra Sunday services, in addition to the normal Sunday timetable, will operate over the summer until September 7 between Ipswich and Peterborough, departing Ipswich at 7.55am and from Peterborough at 9.50am, and between Ipswich and Felixstowe, leaving Ipswich at 9.55am and departing from Felixstowe at 10.25am.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 4 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 5 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 6 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
Jamie Burles, managing director for Abellio Greater Anglia said: 'As part of our efforts to continue to develop train services for our customers and to support the regional economy, we're pleased to improve the Norwich to Sheringham Sunday train service which will now operate at an increased hourly frequency all year round.
'And from 21 July, we are looking forward to running new and additional train services on the important Cambridge to Stansted Airport route.'
The new and additional weekday services between Cambridge and Stansted Airport are aimed at supplementing the existing cross-country services. All of these services will call at Audley End.'
Customers are advised to pick up a timetable from staffed stations or to check their travel details at www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk.