New showroom and new era for Cooper BMW Norwich
- Credit: Andy russell
Cooper BMW Norwich moves into a new era with the opening of its new showroom this weekend which puts an even greater emphasis on the cars and customers.
The showroom, in Forest Way, off Norwich Southern Bypass, has been transformed after a five-month redevelopment. It has seen the car display area being expanded so it is now capable of housing up to 27 cars in three lanes – up from 16 cars in two lanes – by moving the offices further back.
Dealer principal Andrew Bracking said: 'We can now show more of the BMW range which is important because we have 14 new models next year.'
It's part of a £2m project which will see MINI move into the former Porsche showroom, used as a temporary BMW showroom during the redevelopment, in spring.
The BMW showroom is equipped with Apple TV so customers can configure their dream car on a iPad and then see on high-definition TV exactly how it will look.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a dedicated display area for the new BMW i3 electric car which is launched today. Cooper BMW Norwich is one of only 40 dealers nationwide to have the i3 and forthcoming i8 plug-in hybrid sports car.
Cooper BMW Norwich turns over 1,500 new and used cars a year and the new showroom will allow it to give an even better service and facilities to customers.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 9 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
Mr Bracking said: 'It is a big step forward. It is the start of a new era. We need to connect with people even better and this is a great opportunity.
'Even though the showroom has been redeveloped it is also important to stress that it is not about BMW being flash. It is about delivering a range of cars that are more affordable than people might think. It is about changing the perception that BMW ownership is expensive.
The site also houses the regional customer call centre team for all 14 Cooper BMW dealerships.
The dealership is also holding an xDrive event this weekend to promote the all-wheel drive models which have now been extended from X1, X3, X5 and X6 to include 1 Series hatchback, 3 Series saloon, Touring and GT models and the new 4 Series Coupe and Convertible.
This weekend customers will also be able to drive BMWs alongside cars from rival brands Mercedes-Benz and Audi to compare them.
'That is how confident we are in our products,' he added.
Telephone Cooper BMW Norwich on 01603 726222.