New path boost for cyclists and pedestrians in the Hethersett area
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A new section of path for cyclists and pedestrians is to be installed in Hethersett.
The Hethersett Cycle Link Churchfield Junction scheme will create 0.8km of new pedestrian/cycle route along the B1172.
The path will link to existing pedestrian/cycle sections at either end and the provide a continuous off carriageway facility from Tuttles Lane, Wymondham, to the Thickthorn roundabout just outside Norwich.
The first phase of the project, at the junction of Churchfield, will start on September 2 and is expected to be completed by November.
The work, which is to be completed under temporary traffic signals, will require a road closure at its junction with the B1172 for one Sunday towards the end of October.
You may also want to watch:
The work, part of the wider Transport for Norwich Plan, is aimed at providing a high quality cycle and pedestrian link between new residential areas in Hethersett and Wymondham and Norwich city centre.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction