Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines
- Credit: Archant
Train passengers are facing disruption and service cancellations due to problems with signalling.
Replacement buses are en route after a fault with a signalling system near North Walsham, causing some north Norfolk lines to be blocked.
The problem is also disrupting trains on the Sheringham branch lines.
In a tweet by Greater Anglia, on Monday August 2, they wrote: “A signalling problem near #NorthWalsham is disrupting trains on the Sheringham branch line.
“Network Rail are currently on site attempting to fix the issue.
You may also want to watch:
“2 x buses are on route to Norwich. 1 x bus on route to Sheringham ETA 13.30.”
It was followed by another tweet, which said: “Due to a fault with the signalling system at #NorthWalsham, some lines are blocked.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
“Train services running through this station may be cancelled or delayed. Disruption is expected until 15:30.”