Delays expected on A47 and A11 from this weekend
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Motorists are being warned of potential delays while work is carried out on major roads in Norfolk from this weekend.
Extensive surveys of the road network around the A11/47 Thickthorn interchange at Norwich are being undertaken to allow for improvement work to be designed.
Work occurring away from the road will take place between 7am and 6pm. Works on the road will generally occur overnight, with working hours from 8pm to 6am. Clearly signed diversions will be in place for motorists when road closures are necessary.
A full eastbound closure of the A47 between Thickthorn interchange and Ipswich Road interchange started on Friday, April 27, with working hours of 8pm to 6am, weeknights only, weather permitting. Work will finish on Thursday, May 10 at 6am. No work will take place on Bank Holiday Monday, May 7.
Meanwhile, work starts on Monday, April 30, to maintain technology assets on the A47 North Burlingham to Acle in both directions, including the crossover at B1140 junction. It will last one night, with working hours of 9pm to 6am. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via Walsham Road and Panxworth Road.
You may also want to watch:
And work to repair and replace joints on the Saddlebow bridge over the A47 at King's Lynn continues, and is expected to be completed in May.
Saddlebow bridge is closed to vehicles during this time and a clearly signed diversion route is in place.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
A closure of the A47 underneath the Saddlebow Interchange will be in place until Monday, April 30 between 8pm and 6am on each day. There will be an up and over diversion during the closures, using the A47 on and off slips at Saddlebow Interchange to bypass the works.