More weekend delays expected as A11 work on Fiveways roundabout continues
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been warned to expect delays during the second of three weekends of work to dual the A11.
The Fiveways roundabout will is being widened to three lanes, and the northbound carriageway of the A11 will be closed from 10pm on Friday night between Red Lodge and the roundabout.
The closures will last until 6am on Monday, and diversions will be in place.
As part of the closure, there will be no access on to the A11 from either end of Newmarket Road, or the A1065 Brandon Road. The A1101 Bury Road will be closed to traffic southbound from 100m before the Fiveways roundabout, and there will be a one-lane closure on the A14 eastbound on the approach to the junction 38 interchange with the A11.
The Highways Agency says the closures are needed so to carry out a complete reconstruction of the roundabout as part of the long-awaited dualling work to the road.
You may also want to watch:
The third weekend of closures, between 10pm on Friday, October 18 and 6am on Monday, October 21, will affect the A11 southbound to and from the roundabout, and the A1101 south (Mildenhall Road) in both directions.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences