Mitsubishi is now part of Constitution Motors
- Credit: supplied
A new Mitsubishi dealership opening in Norwich next week will become the 12th dealer to join the franchise since the start of the year.
Constitution Motors will open its doors with Mitsubishi at its long-standing dealership in Constitution Hill on Tuesday.
The family-run business, established in 1958, is teaming up with Mitsubishi Motors in the UK at an exciting time for the brand. It was the fastest-growing mainstream car brand last year and sales in 2014 are equally impressive, up 32% on 2013.
Managing director of Constitution Motors Ian Coates, who took over in 2002, said: 'We are really excited to be joining forces with Mitsubishi and we are sure it will be a great relationship. We run our business based on great customer service and pride ourselves on our high levels of customer retention – which we know is central to the Mitsubishi brand.'
The dealership, which employs 22 people including Mr Coates's wife Sue, who runs the aftersales department, and their daughter Emily, a service adviser, will undergo a refurbishment in the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
Last month the new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV petrol/electric hybrid became the best-selling vehicle eligible for the government's plug-in car grant, beating the Nissan Leaf and Toyota Prius, according to the latest figures from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
Mr Coates said: 'The Outlander PHEV is an exciting vehicle and it has been called a game-changer. But, for us, we are looking forward to having the whole Mitsubishi range and I think all the vehicles will prove popular.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 7 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
Lance Bradley, managing director of Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, said: 'We are delighted to welcome Constitution Motors to the Mitsubishi family. The dealership is a well-established and respected family business whose core values reflect our own perfectly, and I wish them every success as they join us at a very exciting time.'