Mercedes SLS AMG supercar’s Norwich date
the new �157,500 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG supercar is on show in Norwich for the first time today so don't miss the chance to see this rare and very exclusive supercar.
The new �157,500 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG supercar is on show in Norwich for the first time on Saturday so don't miss the chance to see this rare and very exclusive supercar.
Mercedes-Benz of Norwich is displaying the SLS AMG on Saturday at Chapelfield Plain at the city shopping complex alongside other Mercedes models, including the C-Class saloon, SLK-Class and E-Class, and a Smart car wrapped in pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Smart of Norwich aims to raise money for this worthy cause.
Visitors to the Mercedes-Benz of Norwich display have the chance to win a luxury hamper courtesy of House of Fraser at Chapelfield, Norwich.
The SLS AMG, powered by a 6.3-litre, 571hp V8 engine, is the first car to be developed entirely in-house by the experts at the Mercedes high-performance division.
You may also want to watch:
Its hand-built V8 engine is front-mid mounted for perfect weight distribution, while a sophisticated double-clutch AMG Speedshift DCT seven-speed sports transmission gives perfect responses whether cruising through town or putting in laps on a track. Connecting the engine and gearbox is a carbon-fibre propshaft – weighing just 4kg – taken from a Mercedes-Benz DTM racing car. All this adds up to a 0-62mph time of just 3.8 seconds, before the SLS AMG powers on to a top speed electronically limited to 197mph.
Outside, the unique gullwing doors, the muscular stance, the extended bonnet, and the short rear means that the new SLS AMG draws inspiration from the iconic Mercedes-Benz 300SL of 1954. But it brings that idea bang up to date to create the company's first ground-up super sports car. Its low and wide sculpted grille, gilled flanks, flared wheelarches, straked bonnet, shallow glasshouse and cab-backwards proportions clearly signal its massive performance and ability.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences