Mazda’s master class to the ‘four’
- Credit: supplied
You can be sure your Mazda is in safe hands at Wrights Mazda in Norwich which now has four master technicians in its workshop.
The top team is made up of Wayne Crosswell, who has worked at Wrights for 25 years, Lee Harrison (20 years), Ray Pointer (11 years) and Shaun Savill (10 years).
Mazda's technical academy was set up to provide dealership technicians with training on the latest technology.
The master technician accreditation takes about four years and consists of many two and three-day courses followed by a number of intense four-days courses held at the academy in Milton Keynes.
The courses involve both hands-on practical and written assessments marked and monitored by Mazda's technical team. To pass each course technicians have to achieve at least 90%.
You may also want to watch:
The master technician content is intense and challenging and there are only a handful of Mazda technicians in the UK who have achieved the accreditation.
Sean Curtis, dealer principal at Wrights Mazda in Cromer Road, said: 'To have four technicians at master level is unheard of in the Mazda network and the determination each of them has shown makes everyone at Wrights Mazda very proud.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 10 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
'Shaun, Ray, Lee and Wayne show the same drive and determination everyday and apply their 'can-do' attitude to everything from a routine service to a complicated repair that tests their ability – they always achieve a result at the end of the day.
'As a family-run dealership we always want to provide the best possible level of service to our customers so with four accredited master technicians every Mazda is truly in safe hands.'