Matt Hancock MP calls for upgrades to Fiveways Roundabout
- Credit: PA
An MP has called for upgrades to be made to one of our area's busiest junctions.
Matthew Hancock has written to the Highways Agency and the Department of Transport urging them to upgrade the Fiveways Roundabout near Barton Mills.
The roundabout connects the A11, A1065 and A1065.
It underwent upgrades during the A11 dualling project, but Mr Hancock feels the changes did not go far enough.
He said: 'Last year's upgrading of the A11 was a fantastic boost for Suffolk and I am very pleased that we had that investment in our local roads.
You may also want to watch:
'But I know from personal experience that Fiveways Roundabout is a real problem, with the confusing signs and the sudden change in speed limits. With too many accidents, it's vital that the system at the roundabout is permanently changed.'
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 5 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 Holiday let plan rejected due to flooding concerns