Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- Credit: Google
A man in his 20s was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after he was hit by a lorry on the A47.
The pedestrian was hit on the eastbound carriageway, close to the junction with the B1146 near Moorgate play area, in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called to the scene at 1.30am.
The man was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious injuries to his leg and pelvis.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said the road reopened at 7.48am.
On Twitter, Konectbus said their services in the Dereham area are likely to face "significant delays" due to the accident.
Breckland councillor for Dereham Withburga and town councillor, Harry Clarke, said he wished the man a "quick recovery".
He said: "We will have to wait for the police to investigate what happened, but I wish the man a quick recovery.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
"I haven't been up that way in a little while but I know there's a public footpath near-by."
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, seen the movements of the pedestrian or the manner of driving of the lorry prior to the collision, or anyone with dashcam footage.
Anyone with information should contact PC James Lister by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 101 and quoting reference number NC-03122020-16.
For the latest travel information visit the EDP24 live traffic map