Man dies after being hit by Norwich train
A man has died tonight after being hit by a train travelling from Norwich to London Liverpool Street.
The tragedy, which happened near Bentley in Suffolk, involved the 7pm service from Norwich to London and happened at about 8pm.
The man is believed to be in his late 30s.
A spokeswoman for the British Transport Police said the death was not being treated as suspicious.
'My understanding is the man was a pedestrian,' she said. 'We understand the man was lying on the tracks at the time he was struck.'
You may also want to watch:
Trains running between Norwich and London Liverpool Street faced severe delays of up to an hour, on the section of the track between Ipswich and Manningtree.
To find out whether this will impact your journey and to get alternative options visit the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner at http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/planjourney/search, or call TrainTracker on 0871 200 49 50.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 7 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub