Magnificent seven car of year shortlist
- Credit: Archant
The seven cars that will battle it out to become European Car of the Year (ECOTY) 2014 have been announced.
Decided on by a jury of 53 motoring journalists from across Europe, the shortlist is made up of the BMW i3, Citroen C4 Picasso, Mazda3, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Peugeot 308, Skoda Octavia and Tesla Model S.
This is the first time the ECOTY shortlist of contenders has included two electric vehicles with the BMW i3 and Tesla Model S.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
The judges will now drive all seven contenders ahead of making their decision on the overall winner, which will be announced at the Geneva Motor Show at the beginning of March.
The winning car will take over from the 2013 winner which was the Volkswagen Golf.