Magical memories of MG Midget
My first car was a 1932 MG J2 Midget.
The photograph shows me in the car at the Three Bridges, Nuns Bridges Road, Thetford, in the early 1950s.
I bought the car from the motor engineers W and G Lambert at Thetford where I worked.
I had a choice at the time of a three-wheeler Morgan or an MG, so I settled for the MG.
I sold it for �120, but if I still had it it would be worth more than �30,000. I even passed my driving test in the MG and still have the Suez Crisis petrol ration book for it but it was never needed.
You may also want to watch:
I wish I still had the car.
Ron Green, Nunnery Drive, Thetford.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 10 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
Send your My First Car memories and a picture of the to firstname.lastname@example.org or Andy Russell, EDP Features, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE. Please include your address and telephone number so photographs can be returned.