Driver in hospital after Peugeot in crash with lorry
- Credit: Archant
The driver of a Peugeot was taken to hospital after being involved in a crash with a lorry.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were all called to the A1066 east of Thetford at around 7am on Tuesday.
The crash happened at the junction with The Street at Gasthorpe, between Riddlesworth and Garboldisham.
An ambulance took the Peugeot driver to hospital to be treated for a shoulder injury.
The road was closed while the car and the lorry were recovered. It reopened at 9.10am, a spokesperson for Norfolk Police said.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Thetford, East Harling and Diss also helped to make the scene safe.
Traffic is now flowing well through the area, as of 10.30am.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 3 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
Elsewhere, a Ford Galaxy and a Land Rover Freelander were involved in a crash on the NDR at around 7.45am.
Neither driver was injured in the crash, which happened at the Thorpe End roundabout.
The drivers exchanged details at the scene and the cars have since been moved off the road.
Both crashes came after another earlier this morning at Thickthorn, which involved a white Audi and a white Hyundai.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
• Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.