Lengthy diversions warning over New Year road closure in Wroxham and Hoveton
New Year resurfacing in Hoveton and Wroxham will see a road closure and lengthy diversions, Norfolk County Council warned this week.
The work, on the A1151, will be carried out in two stages, from Sunday January 15 to Friday January 20.
Stage one, on January 15, from 7.30am-4pm, will see the double mini-roundabout resurfaced at the junction with the B1354 and A1062. Stage two, from January 16 to January 20, 9.30am-4pm, will see resurfacing of the A1151 from the double mini- roundabout to the river bridge.
Stage two will be carried out in two sections to maintain access to the car park behind Roys: between the roundabouts and pedestrian crossing, and then from the pedestrian crossing to the river bridge, Access to properties and businesses will be maintained from one or other end of the works.
Marked diversions will be in place but during stage two the diversion, which has to be on roads of similar standard, is lengthy, particularly for HGVs where it is via Norwich and North Walsham. A shorter route for light vehicles will be marked using the B1354 to Coltishall.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK