King’s Lynn A47 roadworks enters final phase
- Credit: IAN BURT
The end is in sight as the A47 roadworks enter it's final stage.
Highway officials have confirmed that the roadworks will complete on Tuesday August 12, weather permitting.
The A47 eastbound will be closed tonight from 8pm until 6am to mark the white lining on the road.
Tomorrow (Saturday August 9) the A47 westbound will be closed from 8pm until 6am to remove the contraflow arrangement.
There will be diversions in place via A10, A1122, A1101 and the A47.
You may also want to watch:
Additionally, there will be lane closures from Sunday (August 10) until Tuesday in either lane one or two, from Pullover Roundabout to the Hardwick Roundabout.
This is for the removal of the cameras and to install the barrier in the central reservation.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
The lane closures may switch throughout each day.
Some congestion during peak periods is likely – the Highways Agency is advising drivers to plan ahead and leave some extra time for their journeys.