Miles of traffic delays across Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Holiday traffic saw build ups as people leave Norfolk after half-term - with tailbacks stretching four miles in some places.
Motorists saw traffic queuing for four miles on the A47 eastbound from the A11 at Thickthorn Roundabout to the A140 Ipswich Road- adding around 20 minutes to journeys.
There are also severe delays of at least 12 minutes on the A47 eastbound in Norfolk.
At Heacham, on the west Norfolk coast, holiday traffic became slow moving on the A149 Lynn Road around the BP petrol station and on the A149 eastbound, but this has now eased.
Delays were also seen at the Hardwick Roundabout after an accident and partial road closure on the A47 in King's Lynn caused significant tailbacks.
Congestion was also seen along the A149 Queen Elizabeth Way westbound between the A149 and A47 Hardwick Roundabout, and eastbound on the A149 Queen Elizabeth Way between the A149 and A1076 Gayton Road.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault