Holden Volvo wins top award
Holden Group has been awarded top honours at the Motor Trader Industry Awards, winning the highly-prestigious new dealership of the year 2012 award for the recently-opened Holden Motors Volvo dealership in Barker Street, Norwich.
The annual event, held at London's Grosvenor House Hotel, is the industry's opportunity to honour its top-achievers. Presented to those companies and individuals who have excelled, the awards are the premier accolade to which any business serving the automotive retail industry can strive.
The award was open to all franchised and independent retailing dealerships in the UK, which opened between June 2009 and June 2011. Judges looked for evidence of a clearly-planned and executed launch programme supported by the business's short and long-term aspirations, as well as evidence of strong sales performance, customer testimonials, innovative marketing and entrepreneurial flair.
A small team travelled to London for the event and the award, presented by BBC Sport's Jake Humphries, was accepted by Tim Holden, group chief executive.
A delighted Tim said: 'This is a fantastic night for Holden. We have been recognised as one of the premier automotive businesses in the UK and this award is the result of a great deal of hard work and commitment shown by every single member of the Holden team.
You may also want to watch:
'My heartfelt personal thanks goes to them all, and indeed to our customers who have been hugely supportive since our return to Volvo. We are all really proud to have won a national award in our first year of trading.'
Holden was the Volvo operator in Norwich for 32 years. Then, following a 10-year absence, began to represent the Swedish marque again in May last year, moving to a brand new showroom in August.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
For more information about the Volvo range visit the Barker Street showroom, telephone 01603 756655 or visit www.holdengroup.co.uk