Havoc on the trains for rail users - with cancellations and replacement buses causing more delays
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Rail passengers are still being hit by delays this evening because of over-running engineering works at Ipswich.
The 21.30pm from London Liverpool Street to Norwich and the 10pm back to Norwich will be the last trains to complete the full route.
From 10.30pm, train services from Liverpool Street to Manningtree, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Diss and Norwich will terminate at Colchester.
Abellio Greater Anglia rail replacement buses will replace trains from Colchester onwards.
The 11.05pm from Norwich to Ipswich is also cancelled and is replaced by a bus.
You may also want to watch:
The disruption is expected to continue until 2am.
This morning, commuters wanting to travel from Norwich to London were advised to travel from Norwich via Ely and Cambridge to London or King's Cross - or to delay their journeys.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time
The line reopened at 11am, but disruption has continued for most of today.
It came just hours after Network Rail bosses said they were confident the work would be completed on time and trains would be running as normal between London and the region following the two-day track closure at Ipswich.
It is the tenth time in six years the company has been unable to complete work on schedule on the Great Eastern Main Line.
Have you been affected by the problems tonight? Tweet @EDP24