Train services disrupted with ‘some lines blocked’ after points failure
- Credit: Archant
Commuters are facing early morning disruption after some rail services were cancelled.
A points failure at Halesworth has meant that “some lines are blocked,” according to Greater Anglia.
The 9.07am Lowestoft to Ipswich train service and the 9.48am Lowestoft to Norwich train service are both cancelled due to a points failure.
A statement on the Greater Anglia website said: “Due to a points failure at Halesworth some lines are blocked.
“Owing to a fault with the points at Halesworth, which has made it impossible for trains to run beyond Halesworth, train service is currently disrupted on this route.
You may also want to watch:
“Network Rail engineers are aware and trying to fix the fault as soon as possible.
“Train services running through this station may be cancelled, delayed or revised.”
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 3 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 4 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 5 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 6 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 7 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 10 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week
According to Greater Anglia, disruption is expected until 10am.
“Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption,” it added.
Visit www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/ for further details.