Greater Anglia scores second lowest in customer satisfaction survey
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Greater Anglia has scored the second lowest in a survey of customer satisfaction.
More than half of train companies have a customer satisfaction score of 50pc or lower, according to a survey by Which?
And overall, only 22pc of train travellers feel their service is improving despite above-inflation fare rises last month, according to the survey.
Bottom in the 19-company satisfaction table was First Capital Connect, with only 40pc of its passengers satisfied with its service.
The next least-satisfied passengers were those travelling on Greater Anglia trains, with the company scoring only 42pc.
You may also want to watch:
Top of the satisfaction table, compiled from responses from 7,500 regular train users, was West Coast main line operator Virgin Trains with a score of 67pc.
The survey also showed that 40% of train travellers are likely to reduce the number of journeys they make as a result of the recent price increases which have season tickets rise by an average of 4.2pc.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
But a third of commuters said they did not have an alternative way of getting to work and would just have to pay more.
Responding to the Which? survey, a spokesman for the Association of Train Operating Companies said: 'The independent watchdog Passenger Focus surveys up to eight times as many people a year and last month reported 85pc of passengers are satisfied with their service - a record high.'
These were the customer satisfaction scores for each train company, according to the Which? survey:
Virgin Trains 67pc
Chiltern Railways 62pc
East Coast 58pc
First Transpennine Express 54pc
East Midlands Trains 50pc
Arriva Trains Wales 48pc
South West Trains 47pc
London Midland 45cp
First Great Western 43pc
South Eastern 43pc
Greater Anglia 42pc
First Capital Connect 40pc